Sunday, September 25, 2005


Happy Birthday Papa,

My grandfather celebrates a birthday on September 11th. He went up to Jesus a couple of years ago and we sure do miss him. Since he has passed away on his birthday we as a family thought that it would be nice to remember Papa on his birthday by sending him some balloons. So I went down to the local grocery store that sells balloons and bought 20 of them and had the cashier help me blow them up with helium and he helped me get them into a large trash bag and carry them out to my car. The balloons were red with I love you on them. We also wrote on our own balloon with a marker. We enjoyed letting them go and taking the time to remember our Grandfather, Father, and Great-Grandfather. We all remember Papa in our own ways but how nice it was to stop whatever we were doing and remember him together.

Comments:
Jayme,
That is so sweet, you made me tear up!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?